8/4 SOOW SO Cord Per-Foot Portable Outdoor Indoor 600 V Flexible Wire cable
Our SOOW 8/4 8 gauge cable is part of our Power Cables & Portable Cord line of Wire & Cable. SOOW 8/4 is composed of 4 bare copper conductors with a 65/26 stranding, an ethylene propylene diene monomer rubber (EPDM) insulation, and a chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) jacket. SOOW 8/4 cables are rated for a voltage of 600 volts, an amperage of 35 amps, have a temperature range of -40°C to 90°C, and weighs approximately 500 lbs/MFT. 8/4 SOOW Cord is designed for hard usage with portable tools, industrial and processing equipment, construction equipment, cranes and hoists, track systems, battery chargers, portable appliances, small motors and associated machinery, and electrical equipment that is exposed to oils, solvents, flame, or moisture. SOOW 8/4 Cable is resistant to water, abrasion, oils, solvents, weather, sunlight, and ozone. It offers excellent flexibility and is UL Listed and CSA Certified for both indoor and outdoor use and features good tensile strength, elongation, and aging characteristics.
- Gauge: 8 AWG
- No. of Strands per Conductor: 105
- Number of Conductors: 4
- Conductor Colors: Black, white, green, red
- UL Listed and CSA Certified
- Voltage Rating: 600V
- Motor leads, portable lights, battery chargers, portable stage lights and portable machinery
- National Electric Code Article 400 applications
- Industry Approvals: UL Standard 62
- CSA Standard C22.2 No. 49
- NEC Article 501.140 Class I Div. 2
- NEC Article 400
- Federal Spec JC580
- Passes CSA FT2 Flame Test MSHA
- EPA 40 CFR, Part 26, Subpart C, heavy metals per Table 1, TCLP method
- Manufactured with advanced synthetic rubber compounds.
- -40°C to 90°C temperature extremes.
- Exceptional flexibility.
- Excellent resistance to flame, deformation, ozone, oils, acids and chemicals.
- Oil resistant insulation and jacket.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Flexible in cold temperatures
- All of our work is tested visually and electrically before delivery to our Customers.
- MADE IN USA
Founded in 2013, Phillip Cable Manufacturing, Inc us a Small-Business Owned company located in Norcross, Georgia.
The company started operating its manufacturing in a garage with 5 employees – with dedication and perseverance, the company moved to a bigger facility in less than a year. Now, Phillip Cable Manufacturing employs 40-45 employees.
PCM is a growing company specializes in high quality cable assemblies and wiring harnesses for Military – land, sea, air applications. During the 2nd quarter of 2019, PCM has expanded its production to serve the need of cable assemblies for commercial use – heavy equipment, vehicles and the like.
Our Core Values
Phillip Cable Manufacturing operates a Quality Management System which complies with IS0 9001:2008, thus reflecting and complimenting our Total Quality Management philosophy in manufacturing and servicing to our customers requirements.
Phillip Cable Manufacturing also uses the directives of Mil-I-45208A as a basis for our quality assurance program. All materials are inspected upon arrival. The first step of every process is inspection. We have inspection points built into every manufacturing procedure as the assemblies are built. Before shipping, our Quality Assurance department does a final check for proper electrical and cosmetic details as well as adherence to customer specifications.